1. A boarding drop-off form is required for each pet at each visit. This form will act as a medical release in the event medical treatment or testing should be necessary if your pet becomes ill while boarding.
2. A courtesy technician pre-boarding checklist will be completed at the time of drop-off. In the event a medical problem is identified, examination by a doctor will be required before boarding.
3. For your pet’s protection, proper administration (and documentation) of the following vaccinations is required within the period of immunity, and at least 2 weeks (14 days) before boarding admission.
Cats: FVRCP (aka feline distemper), Rabies
Dogs: DHPP (aka distemper combination), Bordetella, Rabies
4. A negative intestinal parasite screening (fecal examination by centrifugation method w/giardia ELISA) is required within 3 months of admission and preferably done days before admission in case a dewormer needs to be administered. Additionally, a Tick Panel with Heartworm Test is required within 12 months of admission. If either parasite screening has not been performed as described, they will be required at additional cost prior to admission. If parasites are identified, appropriate parasitacide(s) will be administered at additional cost.
5. Flea and tick preventive will be applied by Malta Animal Hospital if an approved parasitacide has not been applied within thirty days of drop off, or if any fleas or ticks are identified at any time during your pets stay. Any parasites found on your pet will be treated as Malta Animal Hopsital determines is appropriate, and the cost of such treatments will be added to your invoice.
6. We ask that collars, leashes and carriers be taken with you. Malta Animal Hospital will provide these items during your pets stay.
7. All dogs will be walked a minimum of twice daily. All cats will have litter pans cleaned daily. All rabbits/ferrets will have litter pans cleaned daily. Bedding will be freshened daily.
8. Clean bedding will be provided daily by the hospital as it can be washed and sanitized.
9. All dogs will be fed Purina Veterinary Diets EN (enteric diet) dry and canned formula and all cats will be fed Purina Pro Plan unless otherwise requested on the drop-off form. Any other diet must be provided by owner. Fresh water will be provided daily. All rabbits/ferrets will be fed based on your written instructions requested on the drop-off form. Diet must be provided by owner. Fresh water will be provided daily.
10. Any nursing care, administration of medications, or special exercise requests will incur additional fees.
11. Baths, nail trims and ear cleanings are available if requested at special bundled rates!
12. Any animals boarding for 10-30 consecutive days will receive a 10% discount of boarding fees.
13. Any animals boarding for more than 30 consecutive days will receive a 20% discount of boarding fees.
14. We reserve the right to refuse to board difficult or aggressive animals.
15. Please call our office at (518) 885-2550 if you need to change your anticipated pick up date.
16. The first day of boarding (no matter the time of drop-off) incurs a full-day charge, as will each and every day thereafter. If you pick up prior to 11:00 a.m., there is no additional charge for the morning of pick-up.
17. All pets not picked up within seven (7) days of expected pick-up date will be considered abandoned. Disposition of abandoned animals will be at the discretion of Malta Animal Hospital.
Malta Animal Hospital Boarding Pricing Information
We offer two different types of housing enclosures for dogs as well as cats. Listed below are descriptions of these enclosures as well as pricing information.
Medical Boarding ($46 per day)
Special service for those pets requiring medication(s). Administration of oral and/or topical medications up to three times daily are included. Injections, ear cleaning, etc will incur additional charges.
Please note this is not a substitute for hospitalization. Physical examination and updates to your pets medical plan are not included. In the event your pet requires the attention of a veterinarian, such services will be provided at additional cost. Hospitalization may be more appropriate for some pets including those requiring medications three or more times per day, fluid therapy etc.
“Run” ($45 per day) is a large floor to ceiling enclosure with built in drainage
“Dog Kennel” ($36 per day) is a safe and secure professional grade crate appropriate for your dog’s size
“Cat Suite” ($40 per day) is a spacious enclosure housed in a private room with its own window.
“Cat Kennel” ($25 per day) is a safe and secure professional grade crate appropriate for your cat’s size
“Kennel” ($22.40 per day) is a safe and secure professional grade crate appropriate for your pet’s size.
“Personal Crate” ($22.40 per day) Your own crate/cage which will be in an area of the hospital isolated from cats and dogs to reduce stress level.
Multiple Pet Boarding
If you are boarding multiple pets at the same time we offer to keep them in the same enclosure with discounted rates. If you prefer them to stay in separate enclosures we apply normal standard boarding pricing.
Dogs: Second dog same enclosure: $30 per day
Cats: Second cat same enclosure: $20 per day
Second rabbit/ferret same enclosure: FREE